Today, the world is primarily dominated by the Internet and information technology. Remote work is therefore becoming more common than ever before. They include employees who work from home, telecommuters, and Virtual Teams that involve members based in different geographical locations.
Remote teams not only save on office space and real estate but also on air-conditioning costs as well as commute time and costs. This ensures that they can focus better on their work rather than wasting time. This is one of the main reasons why more and more companies are embracing remote teams.
While this brings benefits to organizations, working in a remote environment has its own unique challenges as well. The biggest among them being staying connected with other team members, sharing ideas, knowledge, and information. This is where Virtual Desktops come in as an important tool to help remote teams work effectively as a unit.
What are Virtual Desktops?
Virtual Desktops refer to the concept of using multiple desktops which can be linked with each other through virtualization technology. It allows for various team members located in different geographical locations to connect with each other, share ideas and information while working on a common project.
Virtual Desktops have become extremely popular in recent years because of the flexibility they offer to teams no matter where they are located. The concept involves creation of a virtual desktop exactly like a physical one that has been created using special software. The software effectively transforms a local machine or a laptop into a virtual computer. All the team members sit in front of their individual desktop while they access and work on these virtual desktops virtually from their own devices.
Benefits Virtual Desktops offer to Remote Teams
1. Easy Access: Virtual Desktops enable remote teams to access files and documents located on a common virtual desktop from any location. There is no limit on this and team members can access these files and documents anytime, anywhere they want.
2. Increased Productivity: Virtual Desktops allows for better collaboration without geographical restrictions, thus increasing the productivity of remote teams. Employees can work on shared spreadsheets or presentations from anywhere, anytime. This ensures that teams have better access to information and can work more efficiently as a unit. The improved connectivity also ensures that feedback is given quickly so that projects remain on track at all times.
3. Easy Sharing: Virtual Desktops, DaaS desktop s a service allow for easy file sharing through shared folders or link sharing with other team members. This allows remote teams to share files easily even when they are not in the same location.
4. Cost-Effective: Virtual Desktops is a great alternative for team members who lack access to high-end computers and devices. Anyone with a laptop or a smartphone can log in and use these virtual desktops from anywhere, at any time. This ensures that they are not only productive but also highly effective when working together.
5. Increased Collaboration: Virtual Desktops allow team members to easily collaborate with each other in real time, thus ensuring better results in the long run. This helps teams work more effectively by removing geographical restrictions.
6.Enhance Productivity: Virtual Desktops allow for easy access to files and documents, thus ensuring that team members are always up-to-date with the latest information. This enables them to work together more efficiently as a unit resulting in better productivity.
7.Better Collaboration: Virtual Desktops encourage better collaboration among teams which leads to better and more effective results in the long run.
8. Access Anytime, anywhere: Virtual Desktops allow team members to work anytime and from anywhere as per their convenience. This ensures that projects don’t suffer because of some team member’s inability to work at a specific time or place.
Virtual desktops are an extremely important tool if you are looking to work with remote teams. With the ability to provide easy access, better collaboration and increased productivity for team members, Virtual Desktops are definitely worth looking into.
Schedule a demo for vDesk.works and learn more about how Virtual Desktops benefit your team.