Dealing with the pressure of life’s daily activities often becomes challenging, even overwhelming. The tension and stress resulting from the weight of each mental and emotional tug can quickly and yet still subtly pull you downward. If unattended, the downward tug is capable of causing significant health complications or worsening existing conditions. This guide will help you learn how to relax the nerves that keep you on edge and relieve the stress you collect throughout your day.
Recognizing Stress in the Moment and Daily Reflections to Improve Tomorrow:
Knowing what puts you under the greatest level of stress is a critical beginning to finding relief from that stress and being able to relax. When you realize your nerves have been triggered, take a three-second pause before you respond to the triggering factor.
As bedtime approaches for the last item on your agenda, take a moment or two to think about how the day went. List two or three things to look forward to the next day. what time each will occur if you’re able. Next list at least one thing you can be thankful for from the day you’re wrapping up. Lastly, make a brief note of any event that triggered a tense or stressful sensation throughout your day. This is especially beneficial if you prioritize the three most impactful events rather than every annoyance.
Meditation is a Proven Method to Reduce Stress:
This is an ancient art and spiritual practice that has countless health benefits for your mind, body, emotions, and spirituality. Meditation is, by definition: focused thought. So, when you’re worrying heavily about a situation, you’re meditating on the problem. Make a decision right now to focus on solutions and improvements instead of staying stuck in the problems themselves.
Guided meditations are available on YouTube and several websites. You can find videos and audio recordings to download in a wide variety of topics and settings for your meditations. There are even companies that will create a customized guided meditation that caters to your needs and preferences.
If you’ve never intentionally practiced meditation before, try this six-step technique of meditation tonight before you go to bed:
- Find a quiet place and get comfy in it either laying down or resting.
- Take several slow, deep breaths. Breathe in through your nose, hold it just for a second then release that breath out of your mouth and hold for just a second again before taking your next breath in.
- Starting with your toes and continuing upward, tighten the muscles in each part of your body as tightly as possible. If tightening each area isn’t working, you can move that part of your body some while remaining in place.
- Hold the tightening or wiggling sensation for a few seconds and then release and allow those muscles to relax fully before moving to the next bodily area. Again, starting at your toes, you’ll repeat this in an order similar to this: Toes, feet, ankles, calves, knees, thighs, hips, hands and lower back, lower abdomen, forearms, elbows and torso, upper arm, and chest, shoulders, neck and jawline, face and head.
- Notice the level of relief you feel as you relax the muscles. Let the removal of tension from your physical body leave your whole self as you relax each muscle.
- After you’ve completed this process throughout the whole of your body, end by engaging in more of the patterned breathing, but this time, as you inhale, audibly form the word “Peace” or “Relax” in your breath, pulling that word into yourself. Hold there only briefly then audibly breathe words such as “Tension” or “Stress” as you exhale, expelling these things from yourself.
Consumables and Supplements that can Reduce Stress:
Yes, there are plenty of natural ways you can lower your stress level with edible and over-the-counter products. She’s a look into some of the most beneficial with a list of possible options under each description.
While getting drunk is not always so relaxing, having one alcoholic drink for stress reduction has multiple advantages. The best choices include:
- Red Wine
- Brandy or Scotch
- Pale Ale
If you’re not into the idea of a glass of wine or other alcoholic drinks, then you still have a variety of calming beverage opinions. Try these instead:
- Warm Chamomile Tea
- Hot Chocolate
The cannabis industry has grown immensely within the past half-decade. These hemp-based goodies have many more uses than reducing stress alone. CBD comes in a variety of forms to try as well. Try any of these product types for yourself to see what works best for you:
- CBD Vapor Pens
- CBD Concentrates
- CBD Gummies
- CBD Brownies and Cookies
Using essential oils in oil diffusers can diffuse your tension as you enjoy the scent put into the air around you. These are some of the very best essential oils for relaxation and lowered stress levels:
If You Need More Help to Reduce Stress and Relax Your Nerves:
Some situations can not be solved by journalling, CBD products, or talking to a friend. Don’t be too hesitant about calling a professional’s office and making an appointment to speak with a therapist. Stress is a serious issue for your happiness and your health. Take action toward maintaining lower stress levels now for a better quality of life tomorrow.